If you are a business that has a physical location for customers to visit, you must optimise for local SEO so that more people can find you through search engines.
Think about it, if you are looking for a local shop in a place that you have not been to before, what do you do?
Take out your phone, open a search engine like Google, and search for it.
Your own customers are no different, and if your business appears at the top when they make a search on Google, they are more likely to go to your store.
In fact over 45% of all searches made on Google are from people looking for something local.
A successful Local SEO plan will massively impact your business by increasing the number of people that find your store via Google.
Carefully read these 8 statistics that prove the importance of Local SEO.
Local SEO Statistics
1. Over 45% of Google searches are made from people looking for something local.
2. 78% Of location-based searches made on a mobile device convert into an offline purchase being made.
3. Google offers a free local listing called a ‘Google My Business’ listing and 56% of local businesses have not claimed theirs.
4. Over 50% of users visit a store within a day of finding it through a local search!
5. 28% of the time local-based searches end in a purchase.
6. When making a local search 92% of users will only look at the first page of search results.
7. 33% of people who use smartphones to search for a company are looking for its location.
8. The average mobile user spends about 4 hours a day on their smartphone.
If your business sells products or services in a localized area, and not just online, you must optimize for Local SEO!